10 days of fitness assignments ….
This alone is a body changer …. I hope you are seeing it, feeling it, living it!
Today’s Assignment – 4 Miles
You can always do the 1 Mile Walk on our WalkatHome.com homepage 4 times today. Or if that’s too much of the same, try doing it twice for half of the 4 Mile goal, and then popping in your favorite 2-mile or going for a power walk with your friend! Don’t you love our Mile System? It really helps to make fitness do-able!
Thank you for reminding me, my blog friends, that many people need other choices to exercise leg muscles. Lunges are not the only way to get to those muscles. I want you to try the Sitting Leg Extensions I describe below. It’s a great exercise for the front of the thighs, and strengthens muscles that surround the knee, giving it good stability for everyday function!
Sitting Leg Extension
Do them with or without an ankle weight wrapped around your leg.
- Sit in a chair.
- Slowly raise right leg until it is parallel to the floor, return foot to the floor.
- Repeat on left leg. You can SUPER SET this! Click here for a Super Sets description for the legs.
Set 1 – 10 reps on the Right, 10 Reps on the Left
Set 2 – 8 reps on the Right, 8 Reps on the Left
Set 3 – 6 reps on the Right, 6 Reps on the Left
***(Increase reps when all 3 sets are too easy)
Remember that doing half, or even a quarter, of an assignment is NOT a set back. Do as much as you can each day. Everything leads to your goals, and there is never an amount of exercise time that isn’t worth it. All movement is worth it. A mini walk or a long walk are both important for long term health and weight management. Your great health is WORTH IT!
Happy Walking on this beautiful Fall Wednesday!
What’s up this week…
- Monday 4 Miles
- Tuesday Upper Body and Lower Body Firming
- Wednesday 4 Miles
- Thursday 1 Mile plus Upper Body and Lower Body Firming
- Friday 4 Miles
- Saturday 1 Mile plus Upper Body and Lower Body Firming
- Sunday Refresh the Spirit Day…a FIT SPIRIT is part of the plan!
Look how fantastic Week One was ….
- Monday 01 November – 3 Miles
- Tuesday 02 November – 1 Mile plus Upper Body Firming
- Wednesday 03 November – 3 Miles
- Thursday 04 November – 1 Mile plus Upper Body Firming
- Friday 05 November – 3 Miles
- Saturday 06 November – 1 Mile plus Upper Body Firming
- Sunday 07 November – DAY OFF. No structured activity, but let us know what you are doing on Facebook!
SURPRISE! We are offering a giveaway to the first 5 Walkers who e-mail
WALK21 to *****
Thanks to all who participated! There will be more Surprise Giveaways! Keep checking back!
What do you win? A Walk At Home DVD!
What’s the requirement? That you be a Walk at Home Facebook Fan!
Please include your Facebook name so we can verify you!